Tell us yes or no, and guess the number of valentines candies to win a $50 VectorVest Gift Voucher.
1. Post a comment below and let us know if you have a trading plan or not. This can be a simple Yes or No, or you can include the details of your plan if you wish.
2. Guess the number of valentines candies in the jar. (larger photo below)
One entry per person please. The winner will be the first one to tell us whether or not they have a trading plan AND guess the correct number of candies in the jar. If no one makes the correct guess, the prize will be awarded to the closest guess. If there is a tie for the closest guess, we will draw for the winner.
Just submit your answers to 1. and 2. above here in the Comments section or join us for Monday live SOTW Q&A webinar. We’ll ask attendees to give us their answers to 1. and 2. and then announce the winner at the end of the webinar. The free webinar runs tomorrow from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST. Register for our LIVE WEEKLY WEBINAR: Here is the link to register if you haven’t already done so: http://news.vectorvest.com/SOTW_QA_MembersOnly_021615_registration.html
Remember, as long as you register for our webinars in advance you will receive an email with a link to the recording as soon as it is available, usually the same day. After that, the recording is available the next day at www.vectorvest.ca/events. Here again is that jar of Valentines candy.
1. All five SFS Trading Plans in the US database. How would you be doing if you started them Jan.2?
2. The model portfolios in VectorVest Canada: 1. Jake’s Patent Winners/Hindenburg 2. Retirees Income Portfolio 3. Safe and Sound/Crash Landers/CA.
3. The Trading Plans discussed in our recent Blog articles:
a. Managing Positions Using 3-EMA/8-EMA Crossovers – Nov 21 – Technical Studies Category
b. User Group Wisdom – Sharing A Trading Plan – Jan 17 – Portfolio Management
c. Markham UG’s Business Plan for a Retired Couple – Jan 20 – Retirement Planning
Why is having a trading plan so important? Brian identified the following reasons:
1. You will feel more in control of every aspect of your trading.
2. You will make decisions based on rules, not emotions.
3. You will feel more confident.
4. You will make steady gains.
5. You will label yourself a success.
Here are the week’s top performing industry groups. Note: Look how well some of the top stocks in these industry groups have performed since the average price of the group crossed above its 40-day moving average. For example, in our SOTW Q&A three weeks ago and again last week we talked about Building (Wood Products) making a big move. Industry Groups that just crossed above the 40-MA this week include Aerospace & Defense (Mfrs); Banks (Domestic); and Building (Residential/Commercial).
Here is the top 5-day Buy and Hold strategy from the DERBY results. It’s Odd Fellows Long, a bottom fishing strategy that made an overall gain of 6% by finding several petroleum stocks five days ago. Autocanada made a big move as well.