There is so much valuable information in VectorVest and so many resources; it can be overwhelming if you don’t know where to get started and how to make things simple. So, let me show you.
You begin by completing the three interactive tutorials on the Welcome tab. Here, you will quickly learn three simple, tried and true methods for making money with VectorVest:
- How to Build a WatchList to analyze and manage your stocks.
- How to Read Graphs, including four tips for knowing when to sell a stock. By the way, in stock investing, opposites are almost always true. Once you understand what to look for to sell, consider the opposite for when to buy.
- How to Heed the Color Guard, so you know when it is safe to buy stocks, and when not to buy
The Welcome tab is where you would usually schedule your FREE Personal coaching Session with a senior instructor. However, due to the Covid-19 crisis, VectorVest has chosen to set up occasional FREE Getting Started Coaching Sessions in group webinars. The first two sessions were held this week. Check back on weekends to see when new dates are scheduled. Even if you are a long-time subscriber, these sessions are a great refresher, packed with shortcuts, investing guidance and answers to your questions.
The next valuable resource is the Successful Investing Quick Start Course, which you will find on the Training tab. These are five short video lessons, each one designed to help you understand the principles of successful investing. You will learn about the exclusive tools and strategies provided in your VectorVest software. Each video is less than 20 minutes long.
It starts with an introduction that includes an explanation of VectorVest’s Core Philosophy. Then it’s on to the lessons.
- Lesson 1 – The 30 Second Stock Analysis System
- Lesson 2 – How to Weed Your Portfolio. In addition to explaining proven Risk Management Guidelines, this shows you how to identify low performers so that you can avoid buying them and get them out of your portfolio before they can cause substantial damage. TIP: In the current “risk-on” market environment, knowing and understanding the guidelines and techniques demonstrated in this video are essential to your portfolio’s survival and growth.
- Lesson 3 – Become a Green Light Buyer. You will learn how to identify market trends the exact signals to use for knowing when it’s okay to buy and when it’s not okay to buy.
- Lesson 4 – Cherry-Picking Checklist. This video explains the type of stocks you should buy and two cherry-picking techniques for finding the best candidates.
- Lesson 5 – 10-Minute Management Plan that shows you how to accomplish everything you have learned in the previous four lessons in an organized, efficient, and effective manner.
TRAINING TUESDAY – YOUR ARCHIVED VIDEO LIBRARY
Once you have completed the interactive tutorials and Successful Investing lessons, there is still a lot of information and money-making tools you can learn about as you get more familiar with the software. Your guide to these resources is an archived webcast series called Training Tuesday produced by Glenn Tompkins, a senior instructor with more than 15 years of experience in successful investing and teaching with VectorVest. He delivers each webcast with energy, clarity, sincerity, and humour.
Here is how it works. Every Tuesday at 2:00 pm ET, you are invited to attend a live Training Tuesday webinar during which Glenn takes you on a deep dive into one of the Tabs in VectorVest. Each week it’s another tab, and each live webcast recording is added to the Training Tuesday Webcast Archive on the Training tab. When you click on the WEBCAST ARCHIVE link, a menu of all 16 videos opens. Click on any link to view the recording. If you prefer to look up a specific topic or reference, open the “Detailed PDF Agenda” displayed at the bottom of the menu. It opens a “time stamped” table of contents for each recording. All in all, the Training Tuesday Webcast Archive is A HELP LIBRARY FOR ALL THINGS VECTORVEST.
Leave A Comment